Sunday, June 17, 2012

US- Vietnam Sisters' Poetry Performance Project Online

Hi Susan
Susan: Hi Lan. Can we talk an hour from now. am doing some work on the computer.
Lan: Yes. Thanks.

Susan : Hi there again
Lan: Hi Susan
Susan :  I love the poems you put on Facebook.
Lan: You read already? So quick. Jay likes it too:) You can check information of each place by clicking the PLACE
Susan: Okay.
[9:49:44 CH] Nguyen Thi Lan: One minute
Susan: Okay
Lan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CjeMIfqON4
Susan: Okay, I'll look.
Lan: Can we dopoetry performance together, you do English part:)
Susan: Sure.
Lan: You can see this poetry as a sample.
Susan: Do you want me to fix any English and do you want me to read the poem in English as a video? Would be great if we could appear together on the same screen.
Susan: Wonderful images of the bamboo and relationship you your mom and your're growing up.
Lan: Let's find out how we can appreare on and do it together:) You do the introduction too:)
Susan: Sure. My caretaker is running the generator now to fix the windows so I can't hear you on the tape now.
Susan: There must be a way to split the screen. Have to research it.
Lan: I was reading the poem while my husband watching footbal, so you hear funny voice!
Susan: I will listen later when he stops working. It was raining all day yesterday and today is cloudy. The solar panels are generating enought
Susan: enough power now to keep the electricity going but he feels using the electric drill might loose us electriciity so he's using the small generator to power the drill and I can't hear anything.
Lan: Later, Susan:)
Susan: Yes. For sure we will be able to do this performance together. What fun.
Susan: The poem you have on Facebook now.
Susan: For Gentle and Noble Tourists.
Susan: 2nd stanza, second line could be better:
Susan: Dearest friends of my life as a tour guide
Lan: I send you the poems, you edit if any, then brief introduction like an MC, You hear my performance in Vietnamese ( I send you the draft) you read that Poem in English and put it on Youtube.  Then I combine two E and V perfpormance together:)
Lan: I see the edition. Thanks.
Susan: Sounds great.  So do I create my own video on Youtube of your poem and then send it to you and you put it together? Do I do the introduction separately as a Youtube video or right before my reading your poem?
 Lan: You can do it together, Introduction first, pause for 1-2 minutes, then performe in English, I can comebine together,  put your intro, pause, perform in V, then put your E later. is that a good idea?  But I don't know how to put you Clip tother with my clip??
Susan: Yes, that's what we have to figure out. Maybe there are some instructions on Youtube or on the internet. We have to do research.
Lan: Or more simple: you intro, read English part in beautifulo emotion voice, then I continue the poem in Vietnamse.:)
Susan: Either way is good. I like the idea of doing an introduction and then you doing the poem in Vietamese and then follow up with the translation in English. People will get the emotion of the poem from you even if they don't understand the language.
Lan: Exactly the same way all of my tourists say when I do the performance:)
Susan: Yes. We can say in the introduction that you will perform the poem in Vietnamese first and then followed by the poem in English so people will anticipate the order.
Lan: Thanks. This is so nice conversation. Shall I copy and put on my Blog, then put the link on FB.
Susan: Sure. I'll check out how we can do what we want to do with Youtube.
Susan: Speak to you again soon. Love you.
Lan: This conversation is like an introduction to our Poetry Performance Project- Susan, US and Lan, Vietnam:)
Susan: Definitely
Lan: Love you, my sister in the other half of the Globe:)
Susan: You too. You are so special to me always.
Lan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment