Monday, June 18, 2012

US-VIETNAMESE SISTERS PRACTICE POETRY PERFORMANCE TOGETHER ON SKYPE AND YOUTUBE

It was so fun, late in USA and early in Vietnam, Susan and I met to practice performing a poem together!
We  tried to settle  with light, images, sounds etc. Then Susan did  the introduction, as an MC:
- Hello, world!  Now, please listen to the poem: Bamboo Poles - compsed and performed by nguyen Thi Lan from Vietnam, first by Lan in Vietnamese and then by Susan in English.

Thanks Susan!  I chanted the poem  in Vietnamese. I  am always  moved to read this poem as it was written for my own mother, a typical example of poor women in Vietnam,  working very hard  to support their family and bring brighter future for children.

You can read the words of the poem by clicking the link.
 When I  finished  the Vietnamese version, Susan continued in English.
It is so nice to read a poem together from two different sides of the world with 12 hours different in time!
Susan Ackoff-Ortega, New York, USA
It is more than 10 years since I first met Susan. I was her tour guide when she visited Danang, Hoian, Myson and Hue, very beautiful places with rich history and cultures in the Center of Vietnam. Susan is not only a tourist but also a very warm and good friend. She helps  to improve my English, edit my book, my stories and poems when I write them in English.
Susan and I have a lot of things in common. Susan is an artist. I love paintings but don’t really understand much. I love poetry and so does Susan. We care about peace, environment, and charity. We came to see a Blind Association in Thang Binh District, near Myson, a world heritage site in Vietnam. Susan supported them with some fund, I also offered them some of the income I have from  the tour with SusanJ
I hope I can come to New York, USA to  see Susan. We will have fun together, and surly we will perform poetry together , and it will be wonderful if we can do it together for the lovely  US audience.
That’s a dream! My thirsty dream. Now, we begin it by practicing the poetry performance on Sky and on Youtube.
 
We must learn together how to do it, Susan from  New York, USA and me in Danang City of Vietnam, 12 hours in difference!

Susan, I love you so much!
Nguyen Thi Lan, tour guide in Vietnam
( This picture was taken when I serve the US Chung Hoon Ship  in Summer 2011 as a translator)






No comments:

Post a Comment