Friday, October 14, 2011

ADDRESSING PEOPLE AND YOURSELF TO THEM

Vietnamese address people according to their ages, positions in the family or in the society:

 Chào: Hello, greetings

 Chào bác, chào chú, chào ông,  
Chào cậu, chào dượng, cháu mong về nhà

 Greetings to bác (father’s elder brother), chú (father’s younger brother), ông (grandfather) ,  cậu (mother’s brother), dượng (aunt’s husband), cháu (I) am looking forwards to coming home

 Chào , chào thím, chào ,
Chào , chào mợ, cháu vô Sài Gòn

Chào ( grandmother), thím (Chú’s  wife), ( father’s sister), (mother’s sister), mợ (Cậu’s wife)  cháu (I)  go to SaigonJ

 Con xin chào mẹ, chào cha
Em chào anh, chị, em về nhà rồi đây

 Con (I) would like to greet mẹ ( mother), cha ( father). Em (I) greet anh ( brother), chị ( sister), em(I) am home

 Các em, chị  có quà này
Chia cho các cháu, vui vầy cùng nhau

 Các em ( younger brothers and sisters), Chị ( I) have gifts for you . Share them to các cháu ( nephews and nieces) , to make everybohy happy.

 Chào thầy, chào , em về
Chào các bạn, mình về quê, nhớ nhiều

  Greetings to thầy (male teacher), ( female teacher)  em ( I) am leaving.  Greetings to các bạn ( friends), mình (I) am going tomy home village. Miss you much.

 For other people you treat like members of your family, relatives or friends, address them and yourself similar wayJ




No comments:

Post a Comment