Thursday, November 24, 2011

A NEW FRIEND FROM FRANCE

I was sleeping on the bus when I heard somebody say "railroad station". I got off the bus to go home.

Met Mr. Loc by the sidewalk. He was showing the way to a foreigner. it turned out that we went on the same bus without my notice as I sleep as soon as I have seat on the bus. I don't have enough sleep, really.

- This is Lan, a tour guide, too. Living near the rail road station. You can go with her.
- What's your name?
-Marielle.
- What country are you from?
- France.
- Oh, my two sons speak very good French. My first son works as a French speaking tour guide. My second son lived in Lyon. What time is your train?
- 10PM.
- It's only 5:30 now. You will be bored waiting the rail road station. Come home and have dinner with me. My house is only 5 minute to walk to the rail station.

Mariella was very happy with my invitation. We arrived home in a minute.

Instead of going to my sister's house to pick my daughter, I called her to bring my daughter Nunu home and buy me to boxes of children rice on the way.
- Please don't laugh as my house like a mess. This is the tour season so I am very busy. Tours everyday! I have no time to clean the house, to go to the market and to cook! My husband and my son are on tour, too.

I want to make my sons surprised, so I called them and asked Marielle to talk to them in French. By this way I can check their French speaking skill, too, as I can't speak French. Marielle was very surprised, too, as the boys speak very good French.

Marrielle used the bath room, the internet, then enjoyed the chicken rice my sister brought.

We talked about the places , history, culture etc. I am happy to have a new friend from France where people were ver kind to my son Nguyen when he lived there. Marrielle and me exchange email address and will keep contact.

On leaving my house for the rail road station, Marrielle thanks me and also asked me to say thanks to Mr. Loc.

_ Loc said I am very lucky and it is true. So I met you!

Oh, it turned out that Mr. Loc is a good fortune teller. I must ask him to see my fortune when I see him again:) The tours usually have the simillar program so I can meet him in the visiting sites.

Hope Marielle will enjoy her own-tailored tour and have a lot of nice memories of Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment