Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A LOVE STORY




A. was there when I came to the water taxi. He was looking at some photos, his eyes full of love.

- You are missing your family?

A. smiled: This is my son and his wife. And this is my daughter and her husband.

- Your children? I looked at A., wondering.

- And these are their children. A. showed me more photos. A boy and a girl in one photo. Around 3, 5 years old. And another boy and another girl in another photo. 2, 3 years old, I think.

- I don’t understand! You are not much older than the couple. Sorry, but how old are you?

- Thirty four.

- Then they can not be your children. They look around your age.

- They are the children and grandchildren of my wife. A. showed me a photo of a beautiful lady, around fifty.

- Your wife must be worried when you work so far from home.

- Yes. at first, but, as years go by, we feel stronger about each other.

A. told me about his family. He and his wife both worked in a church as a priestless and a priest. They have married for ten years. A. joined the US Marine for three years. He comes home on his holidays. He loves to look at his family’s photos when away from home.

 Our story was interrupted when three lady marines came to the boat. In waiting time for the boat to start, I offered them a poetry performance about the beauty of Danang, my home town.

Bye A. and the girls. All the best wishes. Hope love is ever true and eternal. For A and his wife. For all loving couples.



No comments:

Post a Comment