Monday, November 14, 2011

A TOURIST


  Long time ago, I guided a Danish elderly lady to visit Hue, Hoian and Myson. She admired the relics and listened to me attentively. The tour didn't include meals. She enjoyed her homemade dried grapes in the car and didn't require to find any restaurants. She didn't pay attention to meals. No shopping either. Naturally I feel love for this lonely elderly tourist....

On the way to Dana...ng, Mr. Muoi, Driver, phoned his wife and asked her to prepare lunch and I phoned my husband to prepare dinner. The elderly lady was happy to receive our invitation to visit Muoi's house and mine. She enjoyed the meals and talked happily.

She is poor,living in a cold place. Every morning she has to clean the smow for the entrance. She has to go to the forest alone to collect firewood to heat in the winter. " Why don't you hire somebody to do that for you?" I asked. " I have to do it myself as I can't afford hiring others to do it for me", she answered.

I was moved to learn that she and her deceased husband had to save for many years to visit Vietnam. When the money is enough for the tour, he had passed away and she has made the trip alone.

The elderly lady an old yellow sweater. I put it on me eventhough it is not cold to make her happy.

On the farewel she didn't give Muoi and me tips, but very loving look. Many years have passed but her oving look still stay in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment